We (Upgrade Two Limited) are merely the providers of a (very cool) technology service to the hotel on whose internet pages and/or booking engine you found our pages. We do not have any contractual relationship with you whatsoever. Your contractual relationship is, and will remain, with the hotel only.
Our obligations relating to how we will handle your visit to our website, as well as how we will handle your data, are clearly defined in our contracts with the respective hotels (our clients) who are the owners of your data. For that reason, if you wish to find out more about the terms and conditions relating to your use of our software, please contact us and we will put you in touch with the hotel directly. Alternatively, if you have purchased something from the hotel using our technology, then contact details for the are going to be included in the confirmation pages and e-mails you will have received.
Despite the absence of any contractual obligation to you, and as your data travels through our systems, we wanted to give you an insight in how we use said data, and explain
1. Your data is as safe on our systems as you could reasonably expect it to be. Only our employees and official representatives and agents can ever access any of your personal data. All our contracts with our employees, representatives and agents who may have access to the data, strictly prohibit accessing and/or using of your data for anything else other than what it was originally intended for; no misuse whatsoever is allowed.
2. Of course, no system is 100% secure from all types of cyber attacks, or other forms of data piracy and/or theft. However, we are confident that we are reasonably protected in all these respects – and so is your data.
3. We use your data on behalf of our client hotels, only to make sure we offer you (on their behalf) relevant offers to your stay at the hotel, and only when you visit the hotel's, or our own pages.
4. We do not make a record of your credit card details or other information that may allow for mis-charges or over-charges by the hotel or anyone else. All payment details remain with the hotel that you have booked; we are not privy to this kind of information at any time.
5. The information we will typically travel through our systems will be your name, surname, what room and rate you booked at our client hotel, as well as, on some occasions, your email address. Additionally, you will be required to give us your e-mail address every time you use our system, as confirmation that you have agreed to the hotel’s terms and conditions and as confirmation that you are who you say you are.
6. We will use your e-mail address once, to send you a confirmation on behalf of the hotel of what you have requested. This will only happen once, every time you use our system to request a product or service from a hotel or other third party, and you confirm your action by entering your e-mail address. Any additional e-mails you may receive - even if they direct you back to visit our systems - will be e-mails sent by your hotel. Some may be using our systems, but that is not a case of us e-mailing you.
7. We will never share your personal details with any third party unless:
- relevant government and/or law authorities compel us to do so,
- you reasonably (directly or indirectly) authorise or request us to do so
8. We may from time to time bundle your non-personally identifiable data (such as dates, roomtypes booked, products bought or requested, etc.) with those of many others like you. We may use this aggregated, non personally identifiable data for purposes of statistical analysis or publications/promotions.
If you are not happy with any of the above terms, please contact us and we will be more than happy to discuss your concerns and work with you to find a solution that will be to your satisfaction.
The web people within Upgrade Two Ltd.